Industrial Engineer II will be responsible for planning, designing, implementing and managing; integrated, production and service delivery systems that assure performance, reliability, maintainability, schedule adherence and cost control within the production site. The Industrial Engineer II will adopt as its goals profitability, effectiveness, adaptability, responsiveness, quality, and the continuous improvement of products and services throughout their life cycles.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Project team member implementing projects that will eliminate waste, through the standard Industrial Engineering process:
This will include but is not limited to: Capital Equipment Requests, Capabilities Studies, Plant Layouts, Tool Design, and Standard Work.
•Develop Mini-MOST standards (where applicable) for process steps to be used in the Product-Process-Time Matrix.
•Gather and analyze Industrial Engineering metrics for assigned customer or area.
•Coordinate layout and facility move(s) for assigned customer or area(s).
•Collect, analyze and review PPT data to insure accuracy and compliance with the standard process.
•Monitor the SAP and Manufacturing Execution System configurations and insure compliance with the standardized system configurations.
•Gather and/or develop data for quotes.
•Coach, mentor and train engineers within the Industrial Engineering team.
•Support and/or maintain all lower level Industrial Engineering essential duties and responsibilities.
•Insure the standardization of Jabil processes throughout the site in accordance with the global, regional and site direction.
•Support the Lean organization by developing a solid process foundation and data integrity in order to support process improvement through the organization.
•Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
•May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
BS Degree in Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering required.
Lean Masters Certificate or Six Sigma Black Belt preferred.
With at least 3 years of working experience in the Industrial Engineering or related field.
Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Plans and oversees studies to determine the most efficient sequence of operations and workflow, and recommends methods for maximum utilization of production equipment and personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: (Other duties may be assigned)
• Monitor and continuously improve daily quality/efficiency performance for assigned areas.
• Works on implementation of process automation techniques to increase quality, reliability, and reduction of labor costs.
• Has strong understanding of Lean and 6 sigma tools /principals, line balancing, capacity models, etc.
• Prepares cost estimates for proposed projects and evaluates cost factors.
• Coordinates the production floor layout and associated workstations.
• Prepares time estimates for proposed projects and evaluates time factors.
• Minimizes change over time by ensuring programs use common set-ups wherever possible.
• Analyzes work force utilization, facility layout, and operational data such as production costs, process flow charts, and determine efficient utilization of workers and equipment.
• Recommend methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing work flow, relocating work stations and equipment, and purchase of equipment.
• Provide work leadership and training to lower level professional employees.
• Assigns duties to drafters and technicians to support projects.
• Adheres to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor. (Actively participates in company safety, emergency response and ergonomic committees)
• Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering discipline required and 5 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience. Simulation tools such as AutoCAD or Arena required.
Familiarity with Visio and Basic most preferred.
Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.