Manufacturing Process Engineer – Cellotape, Inc. (Fremont, CA)
Cellotape Inc, Fremont, CA manufacturer of Graphic Overlays, Labels, Die Cut Components and State of the Art NFC Integrated Solutions is seeking a Manufacturing Process Engineer.
Process Engineer Job Description:
· Through detailed analysis individual will lead the team to improve quality, labor and equipment productivity by leading Kaizen events, improving utilization and balancing tasks while re-engineering the process.
· Individual will also lead cost reduction initiatives along with process improvements further our goals for continuous improvement.
· Individual will provide technical support for all manufacturing and quality continuous improvement programs.
· You will develop measurement programs and review data to improve labor and equipment productivity.
· You will design and lead Kaizen events, evaluate the results and establish procedures to support the results. In this procedure development you will consider and support all ISO documentations.
· Individual will develop, implement and maintain all changes with consideration of long term Lean Production system design and techniques.
· Support and initiate any other activities with regard to Inventory, Safety, Environmental, Regulatory, and Equipment Maintenance on as needed basis.
· Individual will act at times as a point of contact for Customers, Regulatory Auditors, on an as needed basis.
Desired Skills & Experience
Process Engineer Skills & Experience: The successful candidate should have a BA or BS degree in Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent experience. Candidate should also have at least two years’ experience in a lean manufacturing environment. The ideal candidate would be someone with great communication skills who may have experience leading teams. We’d like to leverage this person in the effort to help our organization along the lean journey as well as help implement various manufacturing systems while improving our quality. · Knowledge of lean manufacturing.
· Knowledge of Inventory Management, Safety, Environmental, Regulatory, and Equipment Maintenance. · Familiar with Regulatory Auditors and Compliance.
· Excellent analytical skill and Excel savy
· Working knowledge of manufacturing regulations and standards, ISO 9001
· Must be familiar with non-compliance trending statistical analysis methodology and tools.
· Ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization.
· A self-starter with excellent project management skills.
· Industry experience is not required, but must be willing to learn.
Cellotape and its’ Landmark Label division are two of the most trusted and innovative custom graphics manufacturers in San Francisco Bay Area. For over 60 years, Cellotape has been a one-stop label, overlay panel, nameplate and die-cut component supplier for companies throughout California's dynamic economy and beyond. Its’ sister company, Landmark Label has been for over 20 years one of the most creative pressure sensitive label provider for leading companies across a broad range of industries. This year, Cellotape and Landmark Label Inc have received not less than 15 awards from the most prestigious organizations in the printing industry.
Type: Full-time Experience
Entry level Functions: Manufacturing, Quality Assurance Industries: Printing
Compensation: Depends on experience
Please put “Manufacturing Process Engineer” in subject line.
Mina Yokoyama HR Administrator Cellotape, Inc. Fremont, CA 94538 myokoyama[at]cellotape[dot]com